Data Management Glossary
Dell PowerScale is the name of Dell Technologies scale-out network-attached storage (NAS) solution. According to Dell, PowerScale is designed to provide high-performance storage for unstructured data workloads and is well-suited for demanding file and object storage requirements. In 2020, Dell rebranded many of the acquired EMC technologies such as EMC Isilon to PowerScale.
PowerScale is used in a variety of industries, including media and entertainment, healthcare, research, and financial services, where large-scale data storage, high performance, and data-intensive workloads are critical.
- Identify data that can move to Dell PowerScale targets
- Forecast Dell PowerScale (Isilon) storage savings and ROI
- Access data from Dell PowerScale ECS storage without lock-in
- Migrate object data into Dell PowerScale ECS
- Deliver a Smart Data Migration
- Manage unstructured data costs more effectively
- Scale on demand
- Ensure you have the easy, fast, no-lock-in path to the cloud for on-premises file and object data