Data Management Glossary
What is Azure Storage?
Microsoft Azure hosts a complete array of cloud storage options to meet the diverse data needs of enterprises today, including backup, tiering, data lakes, structured and unstructured data management. Azure Storage Services include:
- Azure Blobs: This is a scalable object store best suited for storing and accessing unstructured data and to support analytics and data lake projects.
- Azure Files: File shares for cloud or on-premises deployments that you can access through the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol.
- Azure Queues: Allows for asynchronous message between application components.
- Azure Tables: A NoSQL solution for schema-less storage of structured data.
- Azure Disks: Allows data to be persistently stored in blocks and accessed from an attached virtual hard disk.
- Azure Data Lake Storage: A storage platform for ingestion, processing, and visualization that supports common analytics frameworks and provides automatic geo-replication.
Komprise helps organizations get the most value from their Azure storage investments while protecting data assets for future use through analysis and intelligent data migration and cloud data tiering.
Learn more at Komprise for Azure.