Engineering & Semiconductors
Manage expanding data with flat budgets
Efficiently Scale and Manage Data Growth
Explosive data growth is putting a strain on the storage capacity and budgets of engineering and semiconductor firms everywhere. With the increasing sophistication of the design process, it’s time to start managing your data in a way that puts you in control, increases efficiency, and saves costs—without disruption to your teams.
Start treating different data differently
Data associated with old completed projects doesn’t need to be stored the same way as data for active projects. Lengthy data retention requirements to keep data for over a decade make this an expensive practice. You first have to know what type of data you’re dealing with to make smarter decisions about how and where it needs to be stored, backed up, archived, and replicated. Komprise can help.
Komprise gives us visibility across our storage and manages data at a fraction of the cost.
Senior IT Group Director, Architecture and R&D Solutions, Cadence
KEY BENEFITS FOR ENGINEERING DATA MANAGEMENT
Make Cost-Effective Storage Decisions
Get insights into your data across storage silos, vendors, and technologies, so you can make the data moves you want, when you want. With Komprise Intelligent Data Management, you stay in complete control of your data—no limits, no impact to user or app access, no vendor lock-in.
Komprise offers three unique capabilities that completely change the way you’re able to look at and control your firm’s data.
Know Your Data Across All Storage
Within 15 minutes of deploying, Komprise Dynamic Data Analytics provides a unified view of your data across all your storage environments for the insights you need to create a cohesive storage strategy. With Dynamic Data Analytics, you can:
- Gain understanding of data usage and trends to aid planning
- Tailor storage policies for different projects and user groups
- Conduct “what-if” policy scenarios to see the benefits pre-deployment
Move data for storage efficiency
Set your policies and Komprise Transparent Move Technology™ seamlessly migrates data without any changes to your user experience, applications, or hot data.
- Move data to lower-cost storage alternatives without disruption
- Archive data off primary storage to save and cut backup times
- Ensure users can access their data the same as before
Stay in control of your data
With Direct Data Access, you can index, search, and use your data whenever you need it, wherever it’s located. Because Komprise always store files in the format native to the target storage device, you can:
- Ensure your data doesn’t get locked into any one storage or backup solution
- Migrate, backup, and reuse data, without having to rehydrate it
- Ensure teams can directly access data—wherever it resides