Komprise Online Privacy Statement
Updated July 2, 2019
When it comes to your information, Komprise, and its group of companies (“Komprise”, “we”, “us”) are committed to transparency and choice. We protect your privacy, so that you can focus on achieving your goals. This Statement is designed to let you know what personal information we collect about you on our websites (“Your Information”) and how we use that information.
This Privacy Statement only applies to the personal information we collect through our websites and does not apply to information collected by or in connection with your use of our products and services. To learn more about the privacy practices relating to certain products or services, visit our “Business Agreement” Section.
When you visit our websites, we may collect or ask you to provide certain personal information in order to help us manage our relationship with you. This information may include:
- Contact details, such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number;
- Shipping and billing information;
- Your transaction history;
- Information you provide to us to receive technical assistance or during customer service interactions;
- Information about other people that you may provide with any program or services on our websites;
- Information about your computer or device, including browser type and settings, IP address and traffic data relating to your Internet connection;
- Komprise product performance data and information about how you use our products and services on our websites; and
- Aggregated data or other information that does not specifically identify individuals, for instance statistics about pages viewed by visitors.
We may use Your Information to:
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products or services, when you contact us or access our services;
- Provide commercial quotes for our products and services;
- Process your purchase transactions;
- Update you on the status of your orders;
- Allow you to register products or services you purchase;
- Manage your subscriptions;
- Provide you with technical and customer support;
- Subscribe you to a newsletter, send product updates or technical alerts;
- Communicate with you about and manage your participation in contests, offers or promotions;
- Solicit your opinion or feedback, provide opportunities for you to test software;
- Research and implement product improvements and product updates;
- Evaluate and improve the quality of our products, services and websites;
- Provide you with a customized experience when you visit our websites;
- Allow interoperability within our applications;
- Secure our systems and applications;
- Allow for the provisioning of services; and
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements.
In addition to the purposes described above, we may, in compliance with applicable legal requirements, use Your Information to provide you with advertisements, promotions and information about products and services tailored to you and your needs. This may include using demographic data or trend data provided by third parties, where permitted. Your contact details, including phone numbers and email addresses, may be used to contact you.
If you do not want us to use Your Information in this way, you can simply choose not to give your permission on the webpages and/or forms with which we collect Your Information. Please note that in some regions this may involve checking or un-checking a box. You can also opt-out at any time by unsubscribing within the message itself where available, or at https://pages.komprise.com/Unsubscribe-Page.html or by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact Us‘ Section below.
We may provide information about your interests in our products to third parties for the purposes of serving you more relevant advertisements. Where we provide you with interest-based advertisements on a site other than our own, we do not track your other activities on that site. If you click on our advertisements, we will know only the domain you came from.
Information From Third Parties
Third parties may provide us with information about you from online and offline sources (for example, we may obtain contact data for marketing purposes when we purchase commercially available lists, or obtain leads from our channel partners, event organizers and lead generation agencies. We may combine such information with the information we already have about you in order to provide you with a better experience, to determine your interest in our products or to improve the quality of our offerings.
Komprise Website Forums or Networking Sites
We operate forums, websites and related information services, to better assist you in using our products and services, discussing technical issues and sharing your experiences. You should be aware that any information you provide in these public forums will not be kept confidential, as it may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of Your Information from any forum, contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to remove Your Information, in which case we will let you know why. Your use of these other services may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
Cookies & Do-Not-Track
A cookie is a commonly used automated data collection tool. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or device by websites that you visit or HTML-formatted emails you open, in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently.
- Tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
- Collect statistics regarding your website usage;
- Provide us with business and marketing information; and
- In some cases, to enable a third party to deliver future advertising for our products and services to you when you visit certain websites owned by third parties.
- We use different kinds of cookies:
- Essential cookies are necessary to provide you with services and features available through our websites. Without these cookies, services you may need, such as shopping carts or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Analytics or customization cookies collect information that is either used in aggregate form to help us understand how the website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize the website for you.
- Advertising cookies and tracking scripts are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly delivered and, in some cases, featuring ads based on your interests.
If your website includes a cookie management tool, you will find a hover button at the bottom of your screen. This is available on all our European sites, and can be used to tell you what cookies are being served and how to opt out of receiving them, including third party cookies.
If you do not wish to receive cookies and the site for your region does not include a cookie management tool, you may be able to refuse them by adjusting your browser settings to reject cookies. If you do so, we may be unable to offer you some of our functionalities, services or support. If you have previously visited our websites, you may also have to delete any existing cookies from your browser.
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal.
Please note that our websites may not recognize or take action in response to DNT signals from Web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected. In the event a final standard is established, we will assess how to appropriately respond to these signals.
Third Party Data Collection
This may also include cookies placed by third parties, to deliver tailored information and content which may be of interest to you, such as promotions or offerings, when you visit third party websites after you have left our websites.
Social Media Features and Widgets
How We Share Your Information
We only share Your Information as described below, within our group of companies, with our partners, with service providers that process information on our behalf and for law enforcement purposes.
We may provide Your Information to our partners for the sole purpose of allowing them to conduct Komprise business. Our partners go through a certification process and only after that are they authorized to promote and sell our products and services. Subject to legal requirements, our partners may use Your Information to communicate with you about Komprise products or services they believe are important to you or your business.
If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from our partners, you can unsubscribe directly in the footer of the partner’s email to you.
Service Providers Processing Data On Our Behalf
We may use contractors and service providers to process Your Information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Statement. The categories of recipients include providers of outsourced IT services, such as hosting providers, marketing agencies, providers of temporary staff, analytics providers, and providers of outsourced order processing.
We contractually require service providers to keep information secure and confidential and we do not allow our data processors to share Your Information with others without our authorization, or to use it for their own purposes. However, if you have an independent relationship with these service providers their privacy statements will apply.
In certain instances, it may be necessary for Komprise to disclose Your Information to government officials or other third parties as otherwise as required or permitted by applicable law. Such disclosures may be in response to the following:
- A subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- A legal process having the same consequence as a court-issued request for information, in that if Komprise were to refuse to provide such information, it would be in breach of local law, and it or its officers, executives or employees would be subject to liability for failing to honor such legal process;
- Where such disclosure is necessary for Komprise to enforce its legal rights pursuant to the laws of the jurisdiction from which such information was gathered, or where Komprise reasonably considers that this is necessary for it to protect its legal rights or to allow a third party to do so;
- A request for information with the purpose of identifying and/or preventing credit card fraud; or
- Where such disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat of bodily harm to the data subject.
Transfer Among Komprise Entities
We are a global company and, as such, we process information in many countries. To conduct our business, and in accordance with this Privacy Statement, Your Information may be transferred to Komprise in the United States, or to subsidiaries of Komprise, which may be located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa or Asia Pacific. All transfers will occur in compliance with data transfer requirements of applicable laws and regulations.
We may need to share Your Information where it is necessary to obtain advice on legal, financial or other regulatory matters.
In the process of continuing to develop our business, we may choose to buy or sell certain assets. As a result of these transactions, customer information is usually one of the business assets that is transferred. If we were acquired or a substantial portion of our assets were sold, or if we were to go out of business, enter bankruptcy proceedings or experience some other change in control, Your Information may be part of the assets which are acquired by or transferred to a third party. If appropriate we may take reasonable steps to notify you of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect Your Information from misuse, unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage or destruction. These measures include:
Physical safeguards, with locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing Your Information.
Technology safeguards, like the use of anti-virus and endpoint protection software, encryption, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies. For example, credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (“SSL”) encryption.
Organizational safeguards, like training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect Your Information. Our organizational privacy policies and standards also guide our handling of Your Information.
Storage of Your Information
The information we collect from you may be stored on servers in the United States and anywhere Komprise or our vendors operate.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites, which are owned or operated by other companies. If you choose to visit any linked websites, we encourage you to review their privacy statements carefully, as they may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are owned by companies that are not within the Komprise group of companies.
Our websites may also link to co-branded websites that are maintained by Komprise and one or more of our business partners, who are collecting Your Information pursuant to their own privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any co-branded site to which you link for information on the privacy practices of that site.
Our site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
We store Your Information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it. This means that we retain Your Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, or for as long as you are the designated contact on your employer’s customer account for billing or administration purposes. We also retain and use Your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Where we process Your contact details for marketing purposes, we will continue to process those contact details for those purposes until such time as you notify us that you no longer wish this processing to take place (provided that we may keep a record of your marketing preferences for as long as may be required to ensure that our marketing activities are conducted in line with such preferences).
Accessing, Updating or Correcting Your Information
Under certain circumstances, you may be able to request the removal of inaccurate or incorrect information we have about you. We will respond to requests to access, update, correct or delete Your Information where applicable, within any legally required timeframe.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, you may be permitted to request the removal of certain content that you have posted on our websites. To make such a request, please contact us.
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy, please:
Write to us:
Komprise – Privacy Program Office
1901 South Bascom Avenue, Suite 500
Campbell, CA 95008
Call us: 1-888-995-0290
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to This Statement We reserve the right to revise or modify this Privacy Statement. In such event, we will post a prominent notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective.