AWS re:Invent is always one of the most important cloud conferences of the year. Even though we missed the face-to-face networking and fun in Vegas due to Covid, we expect to see just as much innovation from AWS.
At Komprise, our partnership with AWS has never been stronger. An AWS Advanced Tier Partner, last month we announced that Komprise Intelligent Data Management is AWS Outposts Ready, simplifying migration, file management, and object workloads on AWS Outposts.
Customers can benefit from a comprehensive data management solution for any application in their own environment, on AWS Outposts, or in AWS Regions, for a truly consistent hybrid experience. Joshua Burgin, General Manager for AWS Outposts
Be sure to check out the Solution Brief: Komprise Analytics-Driven Data Management for AWS Outposts.
Earlier in the year, Mohit Dhawan, VP Engineering at Komprise, and Anthony Fiore, Storage Partner Solutions Architect at AWS delivered a great webinar: Efficiently Managing Your Hybrid Cloud Data Strategy. The theme of the webinar will undoubtably be a theme running throughout re:Invent 2020 – data growth is exploding, budgets are not. How do you optimize costs while driving strategic business initiatives in the cloud? And when it comes to managing your massive growth of unstructured data:
- How do you keep up with NAS expansion and shrinking backup windows?
- How do you understand all of your data across silos, vendors, clouds and make better storage and backup decisions?
- How do you avoid disrupting end-users or applications?
- How do you keep safe data copies for better cyber security?
- How do you manage data across clouds?
In the webinar, Mohit walked through specific AWS use cases for Komprise, from storage analytics and optimization to native data access. Anthony noted:
When I talk to AWS customers about the Komprise solution, they’re always very excited. They always ask, ‘why didn’t I know about this before?’
We want to fix that. We’ve even put together a 14 day trial for AWS customers.
- Optimize Storage: Analyze your data first and then use your analysis to transparently archive data within Amazon S3, S3 IA, Glacier and Deep Glacier in order to reduce your storage costs. Komprise delivers a transparent archiving solution that goes beyond intelligent tiering and moves data seamlessly across both file and object storage classes so you get the right data in the right place at the right time.
- Migrate Faster: Whether it’s to file services like EFS or Amazon FSx for Windows, you need to be able to migrate your data faster across storage and cloud environments. That’s Komprise Elastic Data Migration. The Komprise architecture is designed for modern scale of data with minimum overhead.
- Be Resilient: You may need to have a copy of your data in S3 Standard, S3 IA or S3 Glacier for long-term storage. It’s important that you plan for resiliency.
- Prepare for Big Data and AI: Establish a virtual data lake across your storage environments, not just a single vendor, so you can easily find what you’re looking for when you need it.
- Access Data Natively: If you have data sitting in Amazon S3 or sitting on NAS or in your data center, it’s important that you can always access data natively using the tools users are familiar with.
- Migrate, Replicate data from other clouds to AWS: Komprise now offers Object data migration and replication as well as analytics, so you can analyze any Object or S3 formatted data stores, and migrate, copy and replicate data to AWS.
One of the key points we like to ensure all of our customers understand is: Don’t treat all data the same. This table illustrates the cost savings after archiving cold data to AWS with Komprise:
That’s a 75% savings on cold data!
A recent GigaOm report on Komprise observed that, “The solution can seamlessly optimize the storage infrastructure while improving the ability to reuse data and increase its value over time.” Two recent customer examples really highlight the power and potential of Komprise for AWS customers: A Genetic Testing Company cut DR costs by 50% and a Media and Entertainment Company cut NAS costs by 70%.
You can find more details on Komprise for AWS on our website. In the meantime, we’ll continue moving NAS data to AWS and saving our customers impactful money on their storage budgets.
- Gain visibility into your entire NAS or cloud-based unstructured data
- Move your data to AWS faster and smarter
- Drive efficiencies in your storage strategy that save you at least 40-50% on your annual storage budget.
Look for some exciting news from us during the conference. In the meantime, be sure to let us know if you’d like to schedule a demonstration with our team.