When done right, archiving can save 70% of storage, backup, and DR costs—something lift-and-shift archiving and tiering from storage array vendors can’t offer. Only Komprise can archive and tier cold data off NAS and Object storage without any access disruption whatsoever—cutting storage costs, shrinking backup windows, and enhancing performance of hot data.
Learn what makes Komprise Transparent Archiving and Tiering different.
Most enterprises don’t know how much cold data they could be archiving.
NO DISRUPTION: ACCESS DATA AS USUAL
- Users can access archived and tiered data the same as before, no matter where it’s been moved.
- Access data via the same source, same directory, and in the same way—even in the cloud.
- Retain the same security workflows.
MAXIMIZE ARCHIVE SAVINGS
- Realize reduced storage and back-up costs and DR footprint.
- No need for rehydration—or the costs that go with it.
- Systemic automated archiving for ongoing savings.
RETAIN ACCESS WITH STANDARD PROTOCOLS
- Retain all the properties of the original file, using a symbolic link as a pointer.
- Users and apps still see files from the original location, with all permissions and access controls.
KEEP FULL METADATA FIDELITY
- Komprise uses standards-based file tiering that maintains full file fidelity at each tier.
- No proprietary software needed to access metadata to make moved data “whole”.
- Data is directly accessed from the target storage and returned to source storage, same as before.
- No data rehydration during backup or when you end-of-life the source NAS.
NO INTERFERENCE TO HOT DATA OR METADATA
- No performance degradation of hot data.
- No invasive agents or stubs to disrupt users, apps, or data protection workflows.
- Accessible from your source NAS and from your target storage (object/cloud).
(Array tiering solutions require access through the source only).