We kicked off the session off with a summary of how Komprise Intelligent Data Management helps NetApp customers:
- Analyze across multi-vendor storage to identify data storage cost savings with NetApp
- Migrate off 3rd Party NAS to NetApp AFF, FAS (NFS/SMB -> NFS / SMB)
- Migrate data to NetApp in the cloud from any NAS – Komprise now supports NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP (CVO) on AWS, Azure and Google, and NetApp Cloud Volumes Service (CVS) as well as Azure NetApp Files (ANF)
- Transparently Tier and Archive from any NAS to NetApp StorageGRID
- Use NetApp StorageGRID as a data lake for AI/ML with search and tagging with native access to moved data
You can read an overview on our NetApp partner page. Also check out the blog post: What You Need to Know Before Jumping into the Cloud Tiering Pool and our Glossary of Terms overview of Cloud Tiering.
Dominque Garcia, who manages our NetApp alliance, reviewed some great customer stories, including:
- Pacific Biosciences: “Projecting a three-year 28X data increase, we could knock out walls and build more data centers, but for what? We needed a platform on which to grow our business.” Read the full case study on How Komprise helped Pacific Biosciences reduce storage costs by 60%.
- A major Ivy League school: “Now we can move data to the best location to save departments money.” Read the full case study on How Yale Reduced Storage Costs with Komprise.
- An engineering & semiconductor multinational corporation: “With tens of petabytes of data, we are constantly moving data from one platform to another. The insight that Komprise analytics provide and the speed of its data migration enable us to routinely move petabytes in weeks.”
Each customer story had a slightly different use cases. In the Genomics example, Komprise helped consolidate Isilon and their NetApp namespace so they could easily migrate from Isilon to NetApp. In the higher education example, Komprise helped establish a “showback” model for central IT and transparent archiving helped grow the NetApp StorageGRID footprint intelligently. And, in the engineering and semiconductor example, Komprise migrated data to NetApp All Flash FAS (AFF).
In the discussion about NetApp Insight 2020, we talked about NetApp’s big push to the cloud and announcements they made around NetApp Cloud Volumes OnTAP (CVO), Cloud Volume Services (CVS), as well as Azure NetApp Files (ANF). We also covered our recent announcement, which addresses the growing need to address file data management in the cloud with new capabilities for Microsoft Azure Files and ANF. These updates are designed to allow you to migrate to NetApp CVO and ANF 27 times faster.
Komprise Data Management for NetApp
At this point in the webinar, our technical guru, Steve Moore, set the stage for a Komprise demonstration. He outlined the primary questions we get from enterprise storage and backup customers:
- “Can you help us save money?”
- “Can you help us with our cloud strategy?”
- “What data should be move to the Cloud?”
- “How can we accelerate data mobility between on-prem and cloud?”
- “Can you help us manage the sprawl and growing costs of both?”
Steve first reviewed the importance of having the right analytics and visibility, so you can quickly get to know your on-prem data:
Same goes for your new multi-cloud reality – you need to know first in order to make informed storage, archive, and backup decisions.
He then explained the Komprise scale-out architecture and how we work with enterprise customers to not just become data driven, but well data managed, regardless of the use case.
Watch the Komprise for Netapp webinar on our BrightTalk channel.
Eric Platt also recently recorded an 8-minute overview and demonstration of Komprise Elastic Data Migration to NetApp. Checkout the video below: