Cloud Tiering and Data Archive
Cloud Tiering and Data Archive
Know Your Cloud Tiering Choices and Transparently Move Data with Komprise TMT.
A Smarter, Faster, Proven Cloud Tiering and Data Archive Strategy
Cloud tiering and data archiving can save you money by offloading unused cold data to cost-efficient cloud storage. When done right, smart cloud data tiering and data archive can save 70% of not just storage but also backup, DR and cloud costs—something proprietary storage gateways and built-in data storage tiering cannot offer. Only Komprise right-sizes your data storage, backup, DR and cloud by analyzing and transparently tiering cold data files from any NAS without any access disruption whatsoever—maximizing savings and enhancing performance of hot data. So when it comes to cloud tiering, ensure you first know your cloud tiering choices.
Learn how patented Komprise Transparent Move Technology™ maximizes your Cloud Tiering benefits.
Most enterprises don’t know how much cold data they could be tiering.
NO DISRUPTION: ACCESS DATA AS USUAL
- Users and applications access tiered cold files exactly as before, even when the files are sitting as objects in the cloud.
- No proprietary stubs or static links to manage.
- Retain the same access controls and security on your data.
MAXIMIZE CLOUD TIERING SAVINGS
- Realize reduced storage and back-up costs and DR footprint.
- No need for rehydration even for data migrations—or the costs that go with it.
- Cut 75% of cloud egress costs over storage tiering or gateways.
RETAIN ACCESS WITH STANDARD PROTOCOLS
- Retain all the properties of the original file with patented Transparent Move Technology.
- Access files as before via NFS, SMB/CIFS and as objects via S3 in the cloud.
KEEP FULL METADATA FIDELITY
- Komprise uses standards-based file tiering that maintains full file fidelity at each tier.
- No proprietary software needed to access metadata to make moved data “whole”.
- Data is directly accessed from the target storage and returned to source storage, same as before.
- No data rehydration during backup or when you end-of-life the source NAS.
NO INTERFERENCE TO HOT DATA OR METADATA
- No performance degradation of hot data.
- No invasive agents or stubs to disrupt users, apps, or data protection workflows.
- Accessible from your source NAS and from your target storage (object/cloud).
Built-in storage-based cloud tiering solutions require their file system for access.
Read the blog post: What you need to know before jumping into the cloud tiering pool.
THE EASY, FAST, NO LOCK-IN PATH TO THE CLOUD
- No Lock-In: Built-in storage tiering solutions lock data in a proprietary block format which results in 75% higher cloud egress costs and lock-in. With Komprise cloud tiering, you always have full native access to your data in the cloud.
- No Egress Costs: Cloud storage gateways require all access to flow through them, creating 300% higher licensing costs in perpetuity and an unnecessary bottleneck.
- No Disruption: Komprise cloud tiering moves cold data to the cloud and users never know the difference.
Learn more about your Cloud Tiering Choices.