Health and Life Sciences
From Data Storage to Data Insight
Stop Buying More Storage Without Insight
Unstructured data is growing exponentially in health and life sciences organizations. From medical images and clinical documentation to genomics and research data, the astronomical growth of unstructured data – including all the backup copies required – is testing the limits of traditional storage technologies. Healthcare organizations such as providers, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, researchers and government agencies need easy access to historical data for R&D purposes and to improve care plans for specific diagnoses and patient populations. Yet to meet compliance and research needs, data is typically backed up and stored on expensive storage arrays, sometimes indefinitely. This is becoming financially unsustainable.
Deliver Better Patient Outcomes While Cutting Storage Costs
Komprise Intelligent Data Management delivers quantifiable ROI for healthcare organizations by analyzing which data can be tiered to warm or cold storage, saving up to 70% on storage and backup costs. Looking for a fast, easy path to the cloud for your file data? Komprise ensures that your users, your PACS and other clinical applications continue to work as before while cold data consumes less—without disruption, and without lock-in.
A lot of times I come in and it feel like it’s Christmas morning because we had planned 100TB to go to AWS and it’s 115TB because Komprise did their next scan and pulled some data I wasn’t counting on that aged out.
Director of Storage, Data Protection, Disaster Recovery & Application Integration Services, Pfizer
Why Komprise for Health and Life Sciences
Why Komprise for Health and Life Sciences?
- Identify and move data that is not routinely accessed to a cost-efficient scale-out secondary storage such as cloud of your choice.
- Tier and archive data that remains fully accessible as files, exactly as before, so technicians and clinicians can always find the historical data they need.
- Easily evaluate how data is growing over time and make better investment decisions.
Clinical and Medical Imaging
Komprise enables health care organizations to automatically move older medical images to the cloud based on policy to cut 70% costs without any change to apps or users.
Pharmaceutical Research and Genomics Data
Learn how Pacific BioSciences used Komprise to gain insight into data growth and usage across its storage environment and helped them save 60% by moving storage to a lower tier.
Key Benefits for Health and Life Science Organizations
Keep Your Data Available and Affordable
Get a holistic view of your data across all storage vendors and siloed backup architectures, so you can make the data moves you want, when you want—and stay compliant with retention policies. Your researchers, medical staff, and other users won’t see any difference in how they access the data. But you’ll see a dramatic savings with your ability to automatically identify and transparently move inactive cold data—based on the policies you set—and protect and store it at a lower cost.
Know first, move smart, and take control of massive unstructured data growth while cutting 70% of enterprise storage, backup, and cloud costs.
Know Your Data Across All Storage
Why are you keeping multiple copies of unchanging data? Within 15 minutes of deploying, Komprise provides a unified view of your data across all of your different storage environments to help you build a cohesive storage strategy. With Komprise you can:
- Gain understanding of data usage and trends to aid planning
- Tailor storage policies for different projects and user groups
- Conduct “what-if” policy scenarios to see the benefits before you deploy
Move data for storage efficiency
Set your policies and Komprise Transparent Move Technology™ seamlessly migrates data without any changes to your user experience, applications, or hot data.
- Move data to lower-cost storage alternatives, without disruption
- Archive data off primary storage to save and cut backup times
- Ensure users can access moved data just as before
Stay in control of your data
With Direct Data Access, you can index, search, and use your data, whenever you need it, wherever it’s located. Because Komprise always stores files in the format native to the target storage device so they retain their full context, you can:
- Ensure data doesn’t get locked into any one storage or backup solution
- Migrate, backup, and reuse data, without having to rehydrate it
- Ensure researchers and staff can directly access data wherever it goes
Unlock the value of your cold data at any time and ensure there is no disruption to your applications and end users.