About the Software Development Engineer – Cloud Analytics position:
We are developing a state-of-the-art cloud analytics platform that operates on data at massive scale and across hybrid cloud environments. The scale out solution will be designed for speed, storage efficiency and resiliency to support environments heretofore never imagined. You will work with a small but very passionate and motivated team. If you’ve always wanted to work on game changing software and not be limited with the baggage from an existing product, this is the position for you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop a scale-out hybrid cloud data management platform specifically to provide analytics and complex queries
- Define data architecture and schema
- Define component architecture, evaluate feasibility, develop for quality and robustness
- Optimize for performance
- Work directly with key customers as required
- 5+ years of hands on experience in designing, developing and maintaining production systems
- 3+ years of experience developing analytics or query-based solutions
- Proficiency with Machine Learning, AI, Big Data, Databases, search and text-based technologies
- Excellent ability to create minimalist designs that simply work
- Strong experience in debugging and performance optimization for scalability and high availability
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals and especially data structures, algorithms, multi-threading
- Bachelors or higher in computer science or equivalent degree
- Experience with Elastic Search, Lucene
- Experience with non-SQL databases
- Background in statistics and performance analysis
About the company
Komprise is transforming the $38B+ data management industry by enabling businesses with a smarter way to manage their data. With data more than doubling each year and IT budgets remaining flat, storage concerns keep growing. Visibility of the data is the first step in transforming data management and Komprise has the only solution that provides visibility, transparent move technology, and access to their data regardless of storage infrastructure. Data is the new oil, but only if companies can unlock its potential, and that’s where Komprise comes to play. The three founders have worked together for over 20 years after meeting at the University of Illinois. Kumar Goswami, Krishna Subramanian and Mike Peercy have taken two companies to a positive exit and started this company with a mission; a mission to change how the world manages data.
This is a full-time position out of either our Bangalore, India or Campbell, CA office.