About the Front End UI Engineer position:
We are developing a fresh way of analyzing, visualizing and operating on data. Key to this effort is the UI design to build an elegant and yet transformative and simple to use interface. You will be working with a passionate group of designers and developers. You should be very user focused, have an eye for modern aesthetic look and feel, have attention to detail and be capable of building reusable designs and UI component designs which can be used in a multi-functional application.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create compelling and exciting user experiences by translating complex business and user needs into intuitive and user-friendly workflows and visual designs
- Maintain ease and simplicity of use for users while adhering to high design standards
- Act as an advocate for the user
- Be a guardian of product UX quality
- Ensure consistency in designs and interactions throughout the product
- Collaborate with cross functional product, marketing, UI/UX and management teams to understand user experience and product needs
- Deliver clear and comprehensive design specifications and documentation on workflows and user experiences for product teams and executives
- Deliver finished visual specifications and mockups to developer
- Partner with UI developers to ensure accurate incorporation of designs into the product
- Regularly review product design and evolve the design system and visual design language of the product
- Rapidly incorporate user feedback and changing requirements in designs
- 3-5 years of experience in designing user centric enterprise B2B web applications that are beyond websites and mobile applications
- Command over user interactions and visual design patterns
- Expertise designing with UX design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Illustrator
- Attention to detail, action oriented, self-starter, fast at prototyping
- Empathy for users
- Excellent communication, collaboration, problem solving and listening skills
- Experience working in fast paced and dynamic teams
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, User Experience or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience executing on layouts, typography, iconography, color theory, and composition
- Based out of San Francisco bay area
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience with data visualization and analytics at a massive scale
While applying, please attach your portfolio with sample designs, user workflows, sketches or wireframes of enterprise B2B applications created by you.
Komprise is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the company
Komprise is transforming the $38B+ data management industry by enabling businesses with a smarter way to manage their data. With data more than doubling each year and IT budgets remaining flat, storage concerns keep growing. Visibility of the data is the first step in transforming data management and Komprise has the only solution that provides visibility, transparent move technology, and access to their data regardless of storage infrastructure. Data is the new oil, but only if companies can unlock its potential, and that’s where Komprise comes to play. The three founders have worked together for over 20 years after meeting at the University of Illinois. Kumar Goswami, Krishna Subramanian and Mike Peercy have taken two companies to a positive exit and started this company with a mission; a mission to change how the world manages data.
This is a full-time position is out of our Bangalore, India office.