Why choose Komprise for Software Quality Engineer
We are developing a new way of analysing, visualizing and operating on data at massive scale. This includes the ensuring a high quality Hybrid SaaS application that simply always work at a very large scale as a cloud deployment. You will be responsible for performing all aspects of testing of an highly scalable system and a cloud service ensuring best quality is delivered to customers.
Roles & Responsibilities in details
- Work with a highly agile, engaged and motivated engineering team
- Design, Develop and Execute on Quality Strategies; including leveraging tools, technology for Test Automation as applicable
- Review the Quality & Engineering artifacts
- Use your strong scripting, programming experience
- Mentor other junior members in the Quality Engineering team
- Evaluate and Propose Quality Engineering techniques, processes
- 6-8 years of in-depth Software Quality Engineering/Assurance work experience covering functional and non-functional aspects of the product
- Proven background as an individual contributor testing highly complex, scalable and reliable software
- Experience with distributed systems (databases, storage, map-reduce frameworks, etc.)
- Prior work experience in testing enterprise storage products is a must.
- Strong knowledge of one or more storage protocols like NFS, iSCSI, CIFS, SMB, S3
- Good knowledge of storage stack, file system internals and testing tools like fio, vdbench, specFs etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot customer issues quickly and provide on-the-spot solutions collaborating with the Support team
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Ability to take up variety of roles in a start-up environment
- Good understanding of Operating Systems, Networking, Storage & Cloud
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and principles
- Hands-on experience with the latest Automation tools & frameworks, (e.g. Robot, Selenium WebDriver etc…) is a bonus
- Scripting, Programming skills (Java/C#, Python/Perl/Ruby/Go) is a bonus
- Knowledge of ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM is a bonus
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent is a must.
About the company
Komprise is transforming the $38B+ data management industry by enabling businesses with a smarter way to manage their data. With data more than doubling each year and IT budgets remaining flat, storage concerns keep growing. Visibility of the data is the first step in transforming data management and Komprise has the only solution that provides visibility, transparent move technology, and access to their data regardless of storage infrastructure. Data is the new oil, but only if companies can unlock its potential, and that’s where Komprise comes to play. The three founders have worked together for over 20 years after meeting at the University of Illinois. Kumar Goswami, Krishna Subramanian and Mike Peercy have taken two companies to a positive exit and started this company with a mission; a mission to change how the world manages data.
This position is based in our Bangalore, India Office.