We are looking for a passionate and intelligent software engineer who is excited at the prospect of working in a dynamic environment with the latest technologies and a small core team where you can make a difference. You will be working on a highly-available, distributed scale-out system to manage data at massive scales. You will develop fundamentally new ways to handle and process data since standard approach will not work at these scales. This is an opportunity to start on the ground floor and grow with a company that has huge potential.
- You will design and develop features that power the Komprise data management platform to manage billions of files and petabytes of data in data centers and in the cloud
- You will design and own major components and systems of our platform architecture, ensuring that Komprise data management platform is highly available and performant.
- You will be part of an agile and fast paced team with direct interaction with the customers.
- You will define component architecture, evaluate feasibility, develop for quality and robustness and optimize for performance.
- You will be responsible for analyzing customer escalated issues and provide resolutions in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A solid grasp of computer science fundamentals and especially data structures, algorithms, multi-threading
- Solid object-oriented programming background in either Java or C++
- 5+ years of experience developing software components for production use. Experience developing components that interact with other systems is a very strong plus.
- Experience developing software for distributed and highly available systems and optimizing for performance.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with data analytics and search software such as Elastic Search
- Experience developing software for cloud technologies and large scale search and data mining is a plus
- Experience with the architecture of distributed systems and the cloud
About the company
Komprise is transforming the $38B+ data management industry by enabling businesses with a smarter way to manage their data. With data more than doubling each year and IT budgets remaining flat, storage concerns keep growing. Visibility of the data is the first step in transforming data management and Komprise has the only solution that provides visibility, transparent move technology, and access to their data regardless of storage infrastructure. Data is the new oil, but only if companies can unlock its potential, and that’s where Komprise comes to play. The three founders have worked together for over 20 years after meeting at the University of Illinois. Kumar Goswami, Krishna Subramanian and Mike Peercy have taken two companies to a positive exit and started this company with a mission; a mission to change how the world manages data.
This is a full-time position out of either our Bangaluru, India or Campbell, CA office.