We are looking for a passionate and intelligent software engineer who is excited at the prospect of working in a dynamic environment with the latest technologies and a small core team where you can make a difference. You will be working on a highly-available, distributed, shared-nothing, scale-out system to manage data at massive scales. You will develop fundamentally new ways to handle and process data since standard approach will not work at these scales. This is an opportunity to start on the ground floor and grow with a company that has huge potential.
- You will design, develop and maintain software components for highly available distributed systems in a variety of languages (C++, Objective-C, Java …).
- You will be responsible for development and distribution of Linux Kernel and user space software components for data storage and access from variety of storage systems (NAS, Cloud and Object stores)
- You will define component architecture, evaluate feasibility, develop for quality and optimize for performance.
- You’llwork with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the data management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing Linux software components.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System and underlying technologies.
- 5+ years of experience with the complete software development life cycle, from requirements to design, implementation, unit testing, code reviews and release.
- Strong C++ programming skills and ability to work with other languages.
- Experience with Linux Kernel driver and File System development is very desirable.
- Experience with file system protocols such as NFS and SMB is very desirable.
- Experience developing software for highly available systems and optimizing for performance.
- Experience with the architecture of distributed and complex systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with Linux file systems (FUSE) and Kernel drivers (CIFS driver).
- Experience with Python and Shell scripting.
- Experience with VM network services and maintenance is a plus.
- Experience with other operating systems such Mac OS X and Windows is a plus.
About the company
Komprise is transforming the $38B+ data management industry by enabling businesses with a smarter way to manage their data. With data more than doubling each year and IT budgets remaining flat, storage concerns keep growing. Visibility of the data is the first step in transforming data management and Komprise has the only solution that provides visibility, transparent move technology, and access to their data regardless of storage infrastructure. Data is the new oil, but only if companies can unlock its potential, and that’s where Komprise comes to play. The three founders have worked together for over 20 years after meeting at the University of Illinois. Kumar Goswami, Krishna Subramanian and Mike Peercy have taken two companies to a positive exit and started this company with a mission; a mission to change how the world manages data.
This is a full-time position out of Campbell, CA office.