About the Software Development Engineer – Cloud Services position:
We are developing a new way of analyzing, visualizing and operating on data at massive scale. This includes the creation of a new platform that works across hybrid cloud environments. You will help to design and develop the product from the ground up. You will work with a small but very passionate and motivated team. If you’ve always wanted to work on something fundamental and not be limited with the baggage from existing software, this is the position for you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop solutions that manage data across public and hybrid cloud environments
- Build solutions that manage data residing in public cloud created by cloud native apps
- Define component architecture, evaluate feasibility, develop for quality and robustness
- Optimize design for scale-out, performance and cost
- Work directly with key customers as required
- 5+ years of experience developing commercial products
- 2+ years of experience with public and/or hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Solid object-oriented programming background and work experience
- Excellent ability to create minimalist designs that simply work
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals and especially data structures, algorithms, multi-threading
- Bachelors or higher in computer science or equivalent degree
- Experience developing commercial resilient web services
- Hands on experience with one or major public cloud environments – AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience developing distributed and highly available systems
- Background in performance analysis
Komprise is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the company
Komprise is transforming the $38B+ data management industry by enabling businesses with a smarter way to manage their data. With data more than doubling each year and IT budgets remaining flat, storage concerns keep growing. Visibility of the data is the first step in transforming data management and Komprise has the only solution that provides visibility, transparent move technology, and access to their data regardless of storage infrastructure. Data is the new oil, but only if companies can unlock its potential, and that’s where Komprise comes to play. The three founders have worked together for over 20 years after meeting at the University of Illinois. Kumar Goswami, Krishna Subramanian and Mike Peercy have taken two companies to a positive exit and started this company with a mission; a mission to change how the world manages data.
This is a full-time position out of either our Bangalore, India or Campbell, CA office.