2019 has been another fantastic year of double-digit growth, and I want to personally thank our customers, partners and employees. Each of you has contributed to the Komprise mission of Transforming Data Management with Intelligence:
- We are in a rapid sales expansion mode – in the first half of 2019, we brought in strong sales leadership and have expanded our sales footprint by nearly 400% this year
- This effort is paying off – we saw 300% revenue growth in the second half of 2019 over the first half
- We also expanded the use cases we address in 2019 – with expansion of NAS Migration that we released in 2018, the addition of Deep Analytics to find just the data you need, and now the newly announced Cloud Data Management for better managing your cloud data.
- Over 50% of our customers now use Komprise for multiple use cases – analytics, archiving, and migration
- Our Technology Partner relationships continue to deepen – we have strong momentum with IBM and have closed multiple significant deals with IBM Global Technology Services (GTS), IBM Cloud and IBM Storage. We announced our HPE worldwide reseller relationship in July and they have jointly started to resell Komprise in 2019, and we continue to build momentum with AWS, Azure and Google
- We are continuing to invest heavily in our channel and are launching some exciting go-to-market programs with our strategic channel partners
….and to make things interesting, my predications are that 2020 will continue to build on the predictions we made in 2019, with a greater emphasis in the cloud:
- Data will continue to grow at an annual rate of 50% on average, and 75% of it will be cold and should not consume expensive storage, backup resources
- Managing data in the cloud will become an even harder problem than on-premises as cloud data growth and bucket sprawl becomes untenable
- AI techniques, such as adaptive automation, deep analytics, and machine learning, will continue to be used more pervasively for data management
Happy holidays to all of you and please stay tuned for an exciting announcement coming in January!