What are some use cases where Komprise can help?
Komprise can help you when:
- You are looking to buy more storage – Komprise gives you data visibility and shows you how much of your data is active, and how much is cold. It shows you who is using your data, how fast it is growing so you can intelligently plan future capacity. Lower your storage costs, cap primary storage spending, and extend to the cloud with Komprise.
- You have a mandate to cut costs – Use Komprise when you have a corporate mandate to cut costs. Komprise identifies opporutnities and helps you to reduce storage costs and reduce backup and operational costs. Customers have saved over 70% of storage costs using Komprise. Stop living in the dark. Komprise shines a light on all the old data across your storage that you’ve been managing over the years
- You have – or are planning – a cloud strategy for your data: Many companies want to leverage the cloud but do not want to move all data and apps and throw away their existing on premise infrastructure. Continue to leverage on premise storage for the hot data and move inactive/cold data continuously to the cloud using Komprise – actively archive data to the cloud without disrupting users and applications.
- You want to use Flash storage cost-efficiently: Komprise helps you leverage Flash for your hot data where performance matters without wasting expensive storage on inactive cold data. Use Komprise to lower the costs of Flash storage.
- You are considering a backup or archive project: Backup windows are getting too long, backups are expensive.
Komprise reduces the backup footprint by over 60% by moving inactive cold data out of primary storage so it no longer has to be replicated and backed up repeatedly.
Can I point Komprise at my production storage? What impact will users have?
Yes, there will be no noticeable impact to users and applications when you point Komprise at your production storage and start analyzing it. This is because Komprise uses an adaptive architecture – Komprise automatically throttles back as your primary storage and network resources are actively used, so that Komprise runs non-intrusively in the background. Think of Komprise as a housekeeper of data – just as a good housekeeper should never get in the way, Komprise too runs non-intrusively in the background.
Can I get a free trial or assessment? How does that work?
Yes. You can see for yourself how simple Komprise is to deploy and operate, and assess how much cold data is in your environment, and the cost savings of using Komprise to transparently archive cold data to less expensive secondary cloud or object storage of your choice. Sign up for a free trial and one of our team members will contact you.
How is Komprise different from other data management solutions?
90% of the worlds’ data has been created in the last 2 years. Komprise was built from the ground up to solve today’s data management challenges such as analyzing and managing large scale environments but without the high cost, complexity and specialized skills to operate and administer of legacy software.
Unlike legacy data management solutions that disrupt performance and are costly and complex to deploy, Komprise is a modern scale-out solution that deploys in 15 min, requires no agents on the storage, scales to handle massive data without any central database or bottlenecks, and works with any NFS, SMB/CIFS and REST/S3 storage.
How is Komprise different from cloud gateways?
While Komprise moves data to the cloud and provides a file gateway to the moved data for transparent access from the source, Komprise is intelligent and does not incur the high retrieval costs and performance degradation of cloud gateways. Unlike cloud gateways that incur high data retrieval costs and require dedicated hardware for hot data because they are using the cloud as primary storage, Komprise is intellient, analytics-driven and uses the customer’s existing storage for the hot data and the cloud for inactive/cold data. Komprise minimizes data retrieval costs, has no impact on the hot data path, requires no dedicated hardware, and works with existing storage without any rip and replace. Komprise helps you leverage the cloud while minimizing data retrieval and transfer costs so that you get the best of both worlds – lower cost of operations, greater flexibility but without high retrieval fees and unexpected transfer costs.
How is Komprise different from storage tiering solutions?
Unlike storage array tiering solutions that treat the cloud like just another storage platter within the array and internally move blocks to and from the cloud within their filesystem without allowing native access in the cloud to the moved data, Komprise is an open file-based solution that enables access to the data either from the cloud itself or from the source, and retains a 1-1 mapping between files and objects, and requires no additional array software licensing to work. Komprise is not limited to any particular storage vendor and it works across any NFS, SMB/CIFS and REST/S3 storage.