Senior or Principal Engineer
Komprise is a VC funded company developing a next-generation data management SaaS platform that is fundamentally changing how enterprises manage and use data. It addresses company’s number one storage imperative that of managing data growth while providing new ways to use and leverage their data. The solution is sophisticated on the inside using intelligence about the data it manages to provide “data intelligent automation” while being remarkably simple to deploy and use.
Komprise is the third startup for a team of serial entrepreneurs whose last startup, Kaviza, which eliminated the SAN storage cost of desktop virtualization, was acquired by Citrix. We just received the Gartner Cool Vendor Award for 2017. We have fortune 500 customers and we’re taking off. We’re funded by industry stalwarts like Bill Moore (co-father of ZFS) and Sanjay Malhotra (co-founder, ceo of SanDisk).
We are looking for a Sr. or Principal SW engineer in Silicon Valley. We are looking for someone who is bright, passionate, wants to work on something new and disruptive and who enjoys a dynamic environment where they can make an impact.
More than just work experience and skills we are looking for someone with:
- A solid grasp of computer science fundamentals and especially data structures, algorithms, multi-threading
- Ability to solve difficult problems in a simple, elegant fashion
- Should have solid object-oriented programming background in either Java or C++
- Prior experience with cloud, AWS, elastic search is important
- Experience with system level components such as file servers, DNS, Active Directory etc. is a real plus
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
We use the latest tools and languages. Most of the work is done in Java. We use Maven, Github, Jira, Slack etc. Our solution runs in the cloud and on hypervisors.
When you apply PLEASE LET US KNOW if you are applying for the Silicon Valley or the Bangalore position.